Did you know that I participate in Operation Love Reunited? This is an organization started by a military wife to provide photos either before deployment, mid-deployment, or homecomings. I love that I can offer this to fellow military families.
Here are a few FAQs about the organization:
Who are we?
Operation: Love Reunited was started in 2006 by Tonee Lawrence, a military wife. After her husband returned from a long deployment and she had no photos to document her kids reuniting with their father, she saw a specific need as well as a unique way for photographers to give back. And from that thought, OpLove was born.
To participate in our program, you must be either an immediate family member of or a member of the military. The military member must have orders to deploy or an official letter of command. We follow all the federal regulations on what is considered a “combat zone”. Certain locations and unaccompanied tours, are not qualified at this time. The orders have to be for a departure period of at least 4 months overseas. For more details on our covered deployment areas, visit: www.irs.gov/uac/Combat-Zones
Here is some helpful additional info:
* The prints MUST be sent directly to the military member, not the family.
* All sessions must be patriotic themed. For pre–deployment or R&R sessions, the military person has to be in uniform for at least part of the session.
* A Client Form, as required by the DoD, must be completed prior to the session.
* Our photographers are not allowed to require clients for additional sales. The OpLove Gift must be fulfilled before any additional sales can be made.
Why we do it…
Our military members give so much to us. The purpose of our organization is to help those long months go by a little faster while they are separated from their loved ones. It’s designed to capture moments that you will long remember and always treasure. It’s art. It’s love. It’s all made possible by artists wanting to give some- thing back to those who make the United States what it is, and ask for nothing in return – but for these men and women to come home safely.
OpLove is a 100% volunteer organization. Our photographers are not financially compensated in any way.
About the sessions….
Military members that are dealing with a deployment are allowed a maximum of two sessions per year/deployment. Please see below for specific session types.
First session is your choice of:
1) Pre or Mid Deployment Session
A) Pre-deployment session
B) Saying Good-Bye session
C) Mid-Deployment (family only) D) R&R session
Second session is only allowed as:
2) Homecoming Session—done at the time of the actual homecoming, not
The OpLove Gift includes the military – themed session noted above and:
• For pre- or mid- deployed sessions,
fifteen 4×6 prints and 2 sets of photo dogtags, with free shipping to the deployed person overseas
• For homecoming sessions, fifteen digital image downloads with limited print rights.
Are you interested in booking an Operation Love Reunited session? Follow this link: http://www.oplove.org/sessionrequest
See you soon!